Tucked away at the base and onto Blackcomb Mountain, Whistler’s Upper Village is the mountain’s best kept secret. Located approximately 2km from the main Village area, it offers a peaceful alpine atmosphere, easy accessibility to shops, restaurants and ski lifts and beautiful first class accommodations.
Upper Village Location
Situated on Blackcomb Mountain base and leading up onto the mountain itself Whistler Upper Village is just steps away from the buzz and bustle of the main Village yet still maintains a magnificent sense of alpine seclusion. At the foot of Blackcomb Mountain, you can take the Wizard chairlift, which connects with the Solar Coaster chairlift. At the top of Solar Coaster chairlift, you will have reached the “Rendezvous” restaurant and the general mountain meeting area. Here you can also take the Peak2Peak gondola enroute to Whistler Mountain.
For those travelling without a vehicle, a free Village shuttle bus service is available. The shuttle route circles through Whistler Village, to Blackcomb Base and stops at all accommodation buildings in the Blackcomb Benchlands area.
Activities & Services in Whistler Upper Village
Surrounded by lofty pines and majestic mountains, the Upper Village is a favourite among those seeking a quiet Whistler holiday. The Wizard chairlift at Blackcomb Base offers Guests easy mountain access and as the area is not as busy as the main Village, there is also a shorter lift wait time.
This area offers many of the same services and amenities available to you in the main Village including:
- Blackcomb Cold Beer and Wine Store
- Can-ski Clothing and Mountain Equipment Shop
- Vida Wellness Spa
- Upper Village Market
- Blackcomb Base Adventure Zone (summer only)
Restaurants in Whistler Upper Village
From casual fare to classy cuisine, this area offers a number of dining options to accommodate any appetite or budget:
($)Inexpensive, ($$) Moderate, ($$$) Expensive
Casual Dining & Cafes
- Merlin’s: a great spot for an après gathering and pub grub. ($)
- Ciao Thyme Bistro: organic deli style bistro, also serves breakfast and lunch. ($)
- Wizard Grill: snatch a sandwich before hitting the slopes! ($)
- Portabello Café: family restaurant with fresh deli style menu and daily chef creations.($$)
- Mallard Lounge: cozy, quaint atmosphere with Westcoast cuisine.($$)
- Monk’s Grill: specialty in Canadian triple A prime rib, steaks and seafood. ($$)
- Fifty Two 80 Bistro Bar: seafood specialty. ($$$)
- Nagomi Sushi: fresh sushi, try the mango roll! ($$)
- La Rua Restaurante: fine dining with Pacific-Northwest inspired menu.($$$)
- Wildflower Restaurant: locally inspired dishes; open breakfast, lunch and dinner. ($$)